Overhanging branches from trees can cause a lot of damage to your property if left unchecked. Whether it’s broken windows, damaged roofs, blocked gutters or scratched paintwork, the cost of repairs can quickly add up. The best way to avoid this is to take proactive steps and ensure that any overhanging branches are addressed before they become an issue.
Continue reading to learn five tips on how you can prevent damage from overhanging trees.
How to Manage Overhanging Branches from Overgrown Trees
1. Regularly Trim Trees: It’s important to regularly trim and reduce the height of trees that overhang your property. Doing this before stormy weather arrives will help minimize the risk of branches or trunks falling onto your home, vehicle, or property boundaries. You can either hire a professional tree service to do this, or you could take on the job yourself if you know what safety precautions to take.
2. Cut Away Dead Branches: Taking a look at your trees every now and then is an essential part of keeping them healthy and safe from damage. If you spot any dead branches, you should try to remove them as soon as possible. This will make sure that they don’t cause any harm if they fall due to strong winds or heavy rain.
3. Be Smart With Planting: If you’re planning on planting trees near your property, be sure to bear in mind how tall the trees may grow and where their branches may extend once fully grown. Placing them too close to buildings can cause a hazard over time – so it’s best to think ahead when choosing where to plant them.
4. Prune Low Growing Branches: Overhanging branches don’t just have to be high up for them to present a problem; low-hanging branches could damage the roofs of sheds, garages and other structures on your property. It’s best practice to keep all branches at least two meters away from any buildings in order to avoid any damage.
5. Keep Trees Healthy: Finally, it’s important to keep your trees healthy and well maintained. This means providing them with the right kind of pruning, fertilizing, and mulching as necessary. Doing this will ensure that they don’t become weak or unstable over time, which could lead to problems further down the line.
By following these five tips you can make sure that your property remains safe and secure against any potential damage caused by overhanging trees. If you do notice some issues though – such as broken windows or damaged roofs – then it’s best to contact a professional tree service provider as soon as possible. They’ll be able to assess the situation and make sure that any overhanging branches are taken care of in the safest way possible.
Routine Tree Care is the Key to Preventing Overhanging Branches and Tree Threats
Regular and consistent tree care is essential. Professional maintenance can help maintain shrub and tree health, shape, safety, and aesthetic quality. From recognizing and addressing potential hazards to fertilizing plants and promoting growth, the range of tree services that can be provided can offer myriad of benefits. Professional tree service contractors can help guide you through inclement weather conditions, fungus risks, insect infestations, pruning requirements, and more. They can also ensure you get ahead of diseased or damaged trees quickly. Overall, putting in the effort to take care of your trees will help them stay healthy and strong for a long time.
Remember, it’s always better to be proactive and take preventative measures rather than waiting for an issue to arise before seeking help. Contact Timberland Tree Care at 317-348-0811 for licensed and insured tree trimming services in Indianapolis, Indiana. We serve residential and commercial customers.
What is the Difference Between Tree Trimming and Pruning?
7 Reasons Why Professional Tree Care is Important
Important Spring Tree Care Reminders